Nobody really blogs anymore. I suppose that means that nobody reads this thing anymore. The blogging revolution has come and gone and for some reason I'm still here, spewing random thoughts whenever they occur to me and I happen to be sitting in front of a computer. This thing no longer really documents my entire life, only periodic episodes of it, and usually not the happy ones either.
I guess this begs the question: why am I still here?
I've gotten past the stage now where I write things here that I want people to know but am too shy/chicken/whatever to actually tell them. I've gotten past the point in my life where I truly feel that anybody else's song lyrics can accurately depict what I'm feeling. But surely those weren't the only reasons I was blogging in the first place? Wasn't there some sense of satisfaction in disclosure, in showing people my personal life, in baring my soul? I honestly can't remember...
I probably won't shut this thing down completely, as I've poured over 5 years of my jumbled thoughts into it and I'd like to keep that preserved somehow... because after all, I started this my junior year of high school. lord, that seems so long ago. Maybe the paper-and-pen journaling isn't as dead as it seemed. I will experiment, I will test, and I will let you know (whoever "you" turns out to be) what I find.
Out.
2 comments:
I still read your blog.
And write in mine. Sometimes.
Steph...I still read your blog, though something must be said in that I haven't posted an entry of my blog in forever. I find myself too busy nowadays and I enjoy talking face-to-face so much I'd rather tell people in person. hope Denton is treatin' you right. You coming to ATX for anymore games?
Post a Comment