right now, just because, I'm reading Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. and so should everybody else! I'm only about a quarter through and, seriously people, she's amazing.
the past three weeks or so have been a blur. tests, papers, projects, studying etc. have taken up a great deal of my time. i started a new job this past Friday - teaching middle school students percussion in Dallas ISD. it's part of a really, really cool program where the Texas Music Project funds their lessons, which is great for both them and me (it means i get paid in a timely manner, hooray!). plus -- all the kids I've met so far have been really awesome and sweet -- which can't be said for all of the kiddos in s'lake I teach :-)
as for the weekends... the past two have gone by entirely too fast. paul came up Saturday because of the TX/OU game and was able to meet some of my friends, see TWU, etc... and then he had to leave less than 12 hours later. as i was driving away from him after dropping him off in Dallas, it seemed to me that i literally blinked and he was gone. I guess for some reason I thought parting would get easier by now... and being apart would be less painful... but damned if I didn't walk around with a heavy heart today. when i don't have time to think about the situation, it doesn't really weigh on me, but when I do... I get really, really lonely.
Anybody else watching Tell Me You Love Me on HBO? it's gooooooooood.
okay -- off to make preparations for the week -- peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment